Soooo no use beating around the bush. This shit is well. Shit. If like me you’re not a key worker and your kids are at home with you for the foreseeable future. The you might want to attempt a spot of homeschooling.
I use the term homeschooling lightly because although I’m not the sharpest tool in the potato. Nor am I delusional. I know that even with the best intentions it’ll no doubt go tits up. I don’t think I’ll be alone either.
Threat not because in true Brit style (Bar a few twats) we’ve pulled together. A lot of online companies have pooled together and given us a vast amount of Free Educational resources to help us. Resources which up until now were chargeable. So lets not waste this opportunity and do as much as we can for our kids…..before we all become insane after spending possibly the longest stint with our own children!!!
Free Educational Resources
- Blue Peter – Now this has always been free but not well known so. Anyone with children aged 6-15, log on, download their worksheets and complete. Then when all this shit blows over, you will have over 200 places to visit for free until they are 16!!!
- Twinkl – These were one of the first companies to offer us free memberships and its possibly one of the best out there. At the moment they’re offering 1 month ultimate membership for free. Just entre the code UKTWINKLHELPS
- Code Camp – Free subscription to their online coding software for 7-12 yr old’s.
- World Book Reader – These guys have just given us use of a shit load of their ebooks…for free! time to dig out those tablets that you’ve hidden away.
- Kennedy Space Centre – They’re currently offering free online activities. Perfect for any space enthusiasts
- Oxford Owl – These guys have a free ebook library for 3-11yr olds including good old biff and chip books!
- Harry Potter – Free harry potter audio books by Stephan Fry!
- Classroom secrets – These are offering free downloadable home learning packs from EYFS up to Yr 6.
- Khan Academy Especially good for maths and computing for all ages but other subjects at Secondary level. Note this uses the U.S. grade system but it’s mostly common material.
- BBC Learning This site is old and no longer updated and yet there’s so much still available, from language learning to BBC Bitesize for revision.
- Seneca For those revising at GCSE or A level. Tons of free revision content. Paid access to higher level material.
- Blockly Learn computer programming skills – fun and free.
- Scratch Creative computer programming
- Ted Ed All sorts of engaging educational videos.
- National Geographic Kids Activities and quizzes for younger kids.
More Free Educational Resources
- Duolingo Learn languages for free. Web or app
- Mystery Science Free science lessons
- The Kids Should See This Wide range of cool educational videos
- Crash Course You Tube videos on many subjects
- Crash Course Kids As above for a younger audience
- Crest Awards Science awards you can complete from home.
- Paw Print Badges Free challenge packs and other downloads. Many activities can be completed indoors. Badges cost but are optional.
- Tinkercad All kinds of making.
- Prodigy Maths Is in U.S. grades, but good for UK Primary age.
- Cbeebies Radio Listening activities for the younger ones.
- Nature Detectives A lot of these can be done in a garden, or if you can get to a remote forest location!
- British Council Resources for English language learning.
- Big History Project Aimed at Secondary age. Multi disciplinary activities.
- Geography Games Geography gaming!
- Red Ted Art Easy arts and crafts for little ones
- The Imagination Tree Creative art and craft activities for the very youngest.
- Toy Theater Educational online games.
- DK Find Out Activities and quizzes.
Right that’s me done for the day. I will of course be adding more as and when I find them. If in the mean time you come across anymore free educational resources then please do send me a message. Probably best via Facebook Messenger HERE
Don’t forget we’re not banned from going outdoors…..Yet so have a look at the maps I’ve made. Country parks and woodlands will be a great idea at the moment. Have a gander HERE