CHRISTMAS LIGHT SWITCH ON’S
Ok so here we have a list of Christmas light switch on 2018 for Oxfordshire and beyond. When i say beyond i don’t mean i’m going to start adding listings in Scotland. I’ve lived there and its bloody cold and it’d be a bit of a bugger to travel. Hope this will help a few of you out as i know not everyone can make the local events and we all know kids like lights as much as a magpie likes shiny shit. They’re all in date order too so just have look down the list for a day that suits you best.
- Oxford Christmas light festival, 16th-18th of November – Looks like a great way to kick of the festive period. This is a free event with music, craft workshops, stalls and more.
- Woodstock a night of a thousand candles, 24th of November from 6pm – Hopefully the fire brigade will be on standby, if their anything like me with candles the whole town will be burnt down. Again there will be music, Stalls and the other usual Christmassy bits.
- Banbury Christmas light switch on, 25th of November 1-7pm (Lights on at 6pm) They will have a market, Fair ground rides, Fireworks, Free face painting, a Santa’s grotto and much more (might have to venture up for this one)
- Brackley Christmas light switch on and latern parade, 25th of November, From 5pm – 5.45pm (light go on at 5.30pm) seems a bit more low key perfect for the crowd haters out there.
- Kidlington switch on, 29th of November, From 5.30pm -8pm. I’ve been in the past and they have the usual stalls, rides and music its always been a busy one! Why not head to the Red Lion for a drink afterwards or before.
- Didcot street fair, 29th of November, 4pm – 9pm, They will have rides, a parade, shows and food stalls. I’ve heard this can get rammed so don’t forget your flask of tea and or Gin to keep you warm.
- Carerton lantern parade and light switch on, 30th of November from 5.15pm (lights on at 6pm) Carol singing around the tree after the light switch on, Free kids activities, small fair, stalls and a Santa’s grotto.
- Thame Christmas light switch on, 30th November, 3.30pm – 7pm (Lights on at 7pm), This one looks like a good one! Raindeers, Market, Human sized snow globe, Santa’s grotto, Fairies, Lantern parade and rides
- Witney Christmas lights, 30th of November, 2pm – 10pm, TBC no more information as of yet so will keep you updated.
- Buckingham light switch on, 1st of December, 6pm -8pm, Again don’t have a lot of information on offer at the moment bucks county website is down (helpful) there will be carol singers though that i do know.
- Abingdon Christmas extravaganza and fireworks, 1st of December, 9am – 6.15pm. Sounds extravagant 😉 i’m guessing there will be fireworks and all the usual stuff, markets, rides, singing and dancing.
- Bicester Christmas light switch on, 1st of December, 12pm – 7pm we will be here like every year. Not sure if anything new is happening because the event hasn’t been update yet. They’re probably too busy trying to find the next green space to sell off to the highest bidder 😉
Right that’s all i have so far. The usual process if i’ve forgotten any please let me know. Either pop me an email, comment on here or message me on facebook. Good luck may you all be filled with Christmas cheer. More likely (if anything like me) filled with another cold!
If you’re still on the look out for Santa’s grotto’s in the area check out the guide HERE